Monday, April 18, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs

I fixed these kabobs for the first time two weekends ago for a cookout at my son's house. They were a hit with us... even with those of us, myself included, who normally wouldn't touch a pepper or a zucchini with a ten-foot pole! 

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 c. Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice, divided
2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 or 2 (I used two) red or green bell pepper(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 8-oz. can pineapple slices, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces


Instructions:
Place chicken and vegetables* in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add 1/2 cup of the marinade; turn to coat well. Reserve remaining marinade for brushing.

Refrigerate 30 minutes (or longer for extra flavor). Remove chicken and vegetables* from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Alternately thread chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto eight skewers.

Grill kabobs over medium heat 10-15 minutes (I think it took longer than this), or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.

*The recipe said to marinade the chicken and the vegetables, but didn't mention the pineapple, so I didn't. But I'm not so sure that it would have hurt anything!

Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. I read a tip somewhere that you can also soak them in a liquid that goes with what you're cooking, so I added some pineapple juice to the water that I soaked them in. 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yumm----sounds good! Will have to try after getting the propane tank filled for grill. :(