Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup

If I were really on top of my game, I would have taken a picture of my homeschool Home Ec'ers making this a couple of weeks ago! Maybe next time. :) Anyway, this is our beloved Vegetable Beef Soup recipe! This makes a full crockpot, about 18 cups. This is double the original recipe.

Ingredients:
3 lbs beef stew meat
2 cans rotel
6 c. water
4 medium potatoes, cubed (peeled or unpeeled)
4 c. carrots, sliced (or 1 lb. baby carrots)
4 celery ribs, sliced
6 beef bouillon cubes
some minced onion
2 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 c. frozen mixed vegetables

Instructions:
Combine all but the mixed vegetables in crockpot. Cook on high four hours or low eight hours. Add mixed vegetables and cook on high one additional hour.

Yield:
about 18 cups 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum this sounds good! LOVE LOVE LOVE CrockPot recipes!

Vikki said...

Rachel, I do too!!!! Crockpots are the best. :)