Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taco Pie

Last night, my son and daughter-in-law came over for dinner and I made his favorite dinner for the first time in a year and a half... Taco Pie! I made it for him 18 months ago for his last meal at home before he got married and moved out... and the recipe has been retired ever since. Too sentimental... I completely associate this recipe with him, and will never cook it for anyone else. :'( sniff, sniff.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
2 cans tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
1 can crescent rolls
8 oz. Velveeta Mexican cheese (I use mild)

Optional garnishings: tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, onions, sour cream, etc. (I have never tried it with any of these optional ingredients.)

Instructions:
Unroll the crescent roll dough. Press on bottom of round pizza pan to form crust. Bake according to crescent roll directions.

Meanwhile, cook ground beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; simmer. Cube Mexican Velveeta.

When crust is done, pour the ground beef mixture on top and spread evenly. Layer the cubed cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted.

Add optional garnishings afterward (or let everyone add to their own slices).

Note: You can cut and serve this right away, but it will serve up pretty sloppy if you aren't very careful. It cuts much easier and serves much neater if you let it cool for awhile first.

Yield: 8 regular slices (or 6 jumbo slices)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Hello Vikki!
I did not know you had a recipe blog! It is really cute! I can't wait to try the recipes! This is exactly what I needed because I'm always looking for new recipes! Great job on your blogs!
Love,
Sherry

Vikki said...

Thank you Sherry!!!!! :)